I have lived in the Czech Republic and Europe long enough to notice that here people prefer minimalistic or more contemporary interiors. These type of interiors can be a bit tricky to style because you don’t want them to appear too cold and not cozy. There are certain elements in any interior design that make it more cozier and more human. Adding textures, interesting fabrics and materials, pops of color, statement pieces, and special features definitely do the trick.
I have been very lucky to know a few local Instagram influencers who’s interiors really caught my eye and I would like to use their images to note the key elements that they have used in their interiors.
All of the influencers mentioned here are very creative and noteworthy in their own special ways.
(1) Lucie (@the.aesthetic.eye) has a lovely minimalistic interior. She uses warm colors and special accessories and cozy patterns to style her interior. In this shot of the bedroom, she has combined very cozy flannel sheets with a minimalistic beige wool pillow from my Old School collection. By styling her bed this way she has created symmetry and order which the human eye loves to see and experience. Her textures here make the whole setting look very cozy and inviting – the combination of soft textiles with a timeless pattern print, and smaller accessories such as brushed brass and soft light wood are really well combined.
In her living room she continues the neutral tones with pops of natural texture and color like this timeless leather chair. She has added some textured accessories such as the wool beige pillow with minimalistic detail and a cozy throw. I love the black accents and the combination of the art piece on the wall. I think the minimalistic wooden picture frame brings the right amount of softness and nature to the setting. The black accents create a continuous line and combine the pieces together. Picking an accent color (like black here) binds the interior elements in the room very nicely.
(2) Sonia (@nordiclightbysonia) has a lovely cozy interior and you can find her video tour on her instagram profile. She brings lots of nature into her house and has little bits and pieces that make it just so inviting and lovely.
I love how Sonia combines cool nordic tones with black, white, and natural accents. The combination of the wood top table and her wall color is very pleasing to the eye. She has whimsical art pieces that fill in the space and she has added my wool pillows to her sofa. My wool pillows bring that extra soft gray color and texture. It works really well with ceramic and woven accents like the sculptural plant pot and the large basket in the corner.
Her house has lovely white textured walls that bring in the special timeless atmosphere into the space. I just love her selection of the bold white / blue wall paper. It is a key piece and it looks really well with the simple industrial wall lamp. She creates balance in her interiors using whimsical and modern, industrial pieces.
(3) Maria (@living.with.mary) has a lovely house in Slovakia. Her house is full of different patters and textures and smaller accent pieces. It has a very charming character. Maria uses more color and combines it really well. Her interior is very cheerful, yet cozy and contemporary.
I love Maria’s colorful bookshelf! It adds depth to her space and creates a very interesting and timeless element in the room. Her mid-century arm chair is perfectly paired with my Marinology blue velvet pillow cover. The chair is a statement timeless piece and looks very eclectic.
I love the vertical group of accent elements of her dining table area. The black of the ton chair, the black smaller frames on the walls and the black light fixture above the table really bring your eye up and play an important role in combining various different elements.
(4) Marcela (@nordic_passion) has a lovely warm interior. She combines many Scandinavian inspired accessories, baskets, pillows, and natural flowers that make her interior super cozy. I love how she uses different textures and brings in the warmth with the natural wood accents and basket weaves. My wool gray and eco leather pillows are perfect on her sofa. She has smartly combined different scales and groups of elements together – her lamps are grouped and combined and so are her pillows – she used different sizes 65×65 and 50×50. I love the vertical connection of the organic lamp shades and the geometric detail of the coffee table.
(5) Michaela (@__micha_ella__) has a lovely very light interior and she uses her textiles really well and to her advantage. I love how she styles her bedroom and combines patterns and colors. My Anchor pillow looks stunning on her bed and and ads a focal point. The floor basket is super cute and ads tons of character! She uses many throw pillow on your living room sofa. It makes the space complete and super cozy.
I was really fortunate to have found these lovely women and their instagram profiles. They are truly talented and have created cozy homes. It is so important to have a cozy warm home as we spend so much time in there and it directly influences our livelihood and our moods.
I hope that you got inspired by this post and got some really lovely tips. Remember that you don’t have to invest a lot into your home to make it cozy. The key is bringing texture, pattern and color thru smaller accessories such as pillows, art, other elements. Don’t be afraid to experiment and if you are not sure, always trust the eye – if it looks good to your eye, then it feels good to your heart and soul.
Check out my website, Facebook, and Instagram, for more inspiration, more pillows and new arrivals! If you are not sure about the fabrics and feel that you need to see them first, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you free samples of the fabrics that you would like to see!
Remember have fun styling and Make it Cozy!